Hi All, welcome to the Recipe side of my blog.
As this is my first recipe that I am sharing with you, I thought I would do something easy to prepare.
- Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken breast cut into small pieces.
- Bell Pepper x 1 (chopped into small pieces)
- Onion x 1 (chopped)
- Garlic Cloves x 2 (Finely chopped)
- Ginger (half teaspoon chopped)
- Green Chillies x 3
- Salt (Half teaspoon)
- Pepper 1/4 teaspoon)
- Paprika (quarter teaspoon)
- Turmeric (1/4 teaspoon)
- Garam masala half teaspoon (optional)
- Puff Pastry Block
- Egg x 1 (whisked in a bowl)
- Potatoes x 4 (boiled and mashed) – Also optional.
- In a frying pan, pour 2 tablespoons of Olive oil, and fry the chopped onions, garlic and ginger on medium heat until softened and golden.
- Add salt and green chillies.
- Add the chicken pieces to the frying pan and cook for 10 mins on medium heat.
- Put the chopped Bell Pepper into the pan and continue to cook with the chicken for a further 10 mins.
- Add in the Paprika, Turmeric Pepper, Garam Masala and stir for 2 mins.
- Once the chicken has fully cooked, add in the spinach leaves, cook for a further 2 mins.
Allow the filling to cool down, once cooled we can move onto rolling the puff pastry.
- Cut the Puff Pastry into 4 equal parts, to create 4 large pasties, if you require smaller pasties then cut into smaller parts, such as 6.
- Roll out each Puff Pastry into roughly 20cm squares.
- Place 2 or 3 spoonfuls of chicken filling onto one side of the pastry.
- Add a layer of mashed potato on to the chicken filling. Note that this is an optional step, you can choose not to add potatoes to this recipe.
- Brush the puff pastry with the egg, and fold over the side with the filling, be sure to press the edges to securely seal the pasty.
- Brush the egg onto the top of the now sealed pasty, doing this will make sure the pasty is golden brown when cooked.
- Place in the oven at 200c for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown.
I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe, let me know how yours turned out in the comments section below. Be sure to check out my Instagram for a short clip of this recipe video.
Little K and Mum